[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Apr 7 03:25:47 PDT 2013

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> Yes, C99 is on and according to B.2.18 from
>   http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19205-01/819-5265/bjapp/index.html
> also casual use. What does not work is the inclusion of a static function
> from extern inline. It also does work if I declare bitwriter_grow_ also
> as "inline".

I actually think SUN/Oracle Studio is doing the wrong thing here as
GCC, Clang and MSVC all accept the code as is.

I'm happy to see a SUN/Oracle Studio specific fix for this, but it should
not change the code for all the compilers where this currently works.

> Would the other patch about MIN and MAX substitution acceptable or should I
> add a patch with a autoconf-detection?

That should be fixed in commit 2de567fb11ce3bbb711d993922d69af6d2cf817f.

Erik