[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Mon Apr 1 06:03:28 PDT 2013

On 1.4.2013 15:29, LRN wrote:
> That's a valid point.
>
> Alternative approach (something i saw in libxml2 recently) is to make
> UTF-8-to-UTF-16 conversion a bit smarter:
> First try the conversion, assuming the string to be UTF-8-encoded.
> If that fails, assume the string is in native encoding, and run the
> conversion function again with appropriate source codepage (when using
> W32 conversion functions that would be CP_ACP).
> If that fails, fail the function call as usual.

I initially had it that way. I just didn't feel comfortable leaving it
as it could in theory access wrong files. Granted, it would require
having some rather weird names for files but it's still a possibility.

(Sorry LRN for initially sending the mail directly in your box. I need
to learn to press the right buttons.)