[flac-dev] [GIT PULL] Assorted bugfixes and improvements (from openSUSE)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Mar 30 03:14:35 PDT 2012

Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

> The following changes since commit b78d8e4db10e57b8d82bb82e4e3662d5dedd7255:
>
>    FLAC__bitmath_ilog2,FLAC__bitmath_ilog2_wide,COUNT_ZERO_MSBS: add gcc
> specific optimizations (2012-03-28 15:43:48 -0300)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>    git://github.com/crrodriguez/flac.git master
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 3a060556772c5d6a6464afddfda7c3ad2f93a306:

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your interest in improving FLAC. I will address your patches
one-by-one.

 * b78d8e4db1.. FLAC__bitmath_ilog2,FLAC__bitmath_ilog2_wide,COUNT_ZERO_MSBS: add gcc…

   +1. You sent me this patch in a private email and I was in the process
   of commiting a slightly modified version.

 * 7077ba8be2.. Use a single source-code wide definition of min() and max()

   I like the idea of this commit but don't understand why it modifies
   configure.ac. I also don't think the FLAC_SAFE_MIN/MAX defintions
   belong in the file include/FLAC/export.h which is a public header file.
   Instead, this definition belongs in one of the private/internal header
   files.

 * 8f05d0114c.. Support symbol visibility features present in GCC > 4

   Again I like the idea of this patch, but I had in mind a solution to
   this problem which will work for a number of compilers other than just
   GCC.

 * f2b0d3f6c9.. Remove xmms plugin.

   I polled the list earlier this year and on the basis of one of the Xiph
   developers still using this code and being willing to maintain it, we
   decided to keep it.

 * 3a06055677.. Remove winamp2 plugin.

   This one I fully endorse, but is unlikely to apply without the patches
   above being applied first. I'll apply a version of this patch.

Cheers,
Erik