[flac-dev] The FLAC website

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Dec 13 04:20:50 PST 2012

On 13.12.2012, at 03:57, Conrad Parker wrote:

> IIRC the xiph sites use server-side includes (apache SSI) for headers
> and footers. I can't see the logs right now, but I vaguely recall that
> someone started porting the flac site to use the usual xiph include
> style, and that version is in SVN at:
>
> http://svn.xiph.org/websites-new/flac.xiph.org/
>
> perhaps that would be a good place to start, and co-ordinate with the
> xiph.org webmaster about getting the new version installed.

Yay, yet another version of the website :-).

I am not really a fan of SSI myself, but if this is what is there, and people are familiar with it, I think it should also do just fine.

As I said, another alternative would be to use a static website generator. This requires no software at all on the server, just on the developer's machine, and also makes it easy to test before committing them, without neeeding a webserver. A list of such tools can be found here: <http://iwantmyname.com/blog/2011/02/list-static-website-generators.html>

But anyway, whatever works for people... Erik, do you have a preference?

Cheers,
Max