[flac-dev] Meet the new maintainer

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Apr 25 16:34:19 PDT 2012

Josh Coalson wrote:

> I'll throw this thought out here so it doesn't get lost: when it came time
> for me to build a Windows release, I always used a quarantined Windows box
> that had the minimum stuff installed and had never been on a network, to
> avoid malware getting into the binaries.

Having a Jenkins Windows build bot is orthogonal to building the release
binaries.

If you're worried about it, run up a fresh windows install in a VM or
cross compile it from a Linux machine. The cross compile (including
running the tests under Wine has been working really well for me for
libsndfile for about 5 years now).

> The last thing I ever wanted to hear was some Windows user blaming FLAC
> because a bad build infected him.

Not much you can do about this. I've seen faked libsndfile setup.exe
file on the net containing malware. They didn't come from me and there
is nothing I can do about them.

Erik