[Flac-dev] Variable Bit Rate

Declan Kelly flac-dev at groov.ie
Mon May 23 14:44:36 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:09:26PM -0700, dennisb at chronometrics.com wrote:

> Brian...
> You've been both polite and helpful. Thanks.

I think everyone on this thread has been both polite and helpful.

When you ask a very open question like "how can it be truly lossless?"
you should expect that some people are going to assume that you know
little about data compression, because you didn't say otherwise.

It might have been more useful to describe your intended application,
or read some of the list archives. There have been some very thorough
and detailed discussions here about high-def (as in better than CD)
FLAC streaming and playback CPU speed scaling in the past few months.

> What I was looking for was
> confirmation that a properly designed application would decode FLAC
> without temporal issues.

That wasn't clear from your original post.

--
-Dec.
---