[Flac-dev] Variable Bit Rate

Dennis Brunnenmeyer dennisb at chronometrics.com
Mon May 23 12:09:26 PDT 2011

Brian...

You've been both polite and helpful. Thanks.

I do understand the dimensional nature of images and sound, though I
admittedly glossed over the details while trying to draw attention to
time rather than spatial artifacts. What I was looking for was
confirmation that a properly designed application would decode FLAC
without temporal issues. I believe you've made that perfectly clear.

Am I right in assuming that in order to deal with potential latency
issues,  an application needs a sufficiently large FIFO buffer as well
as the proper decoder?

Dennis...

--

Dennis Brunnenmeyer