[Flac-dev] MD5 Signature Mismatch

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Wed Jun 1 20:05:19 PDT 2011

On Jun 1, 2011, at 19:15, Scott C. Brown 02 wrote:
> I thought it might be an uploading problem, but he also gets the
> same issues when
> simply moving from one of his computers to the other.   (I supposed
> that could
> also be a transfer issue, though I doubt it).
>
> He's using a 3rd party front end for the mac (xACT) which simply
> calls the flac
> 1.2.1 command line tool.

I'm starting to suspect xACT.  I've seen problems with the third
party front ends before.  Personally, I only use the official command
line for flac, particularly since I deal with original recordings and
FLAC is my backup format of choice.  I just can't afford to let a
third-party programmer make mistakes.

FYI: I grabbed an old FLAC from my hardware recording device, and
"metaflac --show-md5sum T99.FLAC" says
"00000000000000000000000000000000" ... so that's what it looks like
when the MD5 checksum is completely missing.  This is obviously not
your problem, but I wanted to specifically rule it out since we've
not had any luck so far.

Brian