[Flac-dev] Idea to possibly improve flac?

Jørgen Vigdal jorgen at anion.no
Fri Jan 7 13:08:58 PST 2011

Hi Brian.

Thanks for liking the idea.

The code for doing this, could actually be fairly easy. If you start researching on what a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) is, and understand how to implement a rough algorithm on this, you could easily add a test in the code, before the encoder kicks in, and prompt a message to the user, that it should be aware that the file could not be compressed, because it might already have been compressed.

If you need help implementing a FFT, I'd be happy to help out.

I think the codebase is frozen because the development have ceased?

- Jørgen.