[Flac-dev] Compiling in Xcode

Dmitry Kichenko dmitrykichenko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 06:46:23 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-21, at 2:24 AM, Brian Willoughby <brianw at sounds.wa.com>
wrote:
> The flac sources are distributed in a configuration that is designed
> primarily for building from the command-line.  I seem to recall that
> there might have been an Xcode project in there at some point, but
> if there was, it never worked well.  In all honesty, I may be
> getting confused with some other open source project on that last
> point.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think I couldve been a little more clear in my intentions: I'm
trying to compile the Xiph QuickTime component.

I managed to compile the FLAC.framework as is by changing the SDK over
to 10.5 and setting a universal build in the project settings. I
haven't tried FLAC++ but at this point I'm mostly interested in
getting the Xiph QuickTime component to build, which is what's failing
the most it seems.

Incidentally, I found some reports with similar error messages
stemming from intermixing Objective-C and C++ code and gcc getting
confused, but since this is an Xcode project I'm wondering how it ever
worked, if it has.

> In any event, if you want to compile flac on OSX, then just use
> Terminal.app

I'm not sure I can build a QT .component from the terminal without
resorting to xcodebuild. The latest source seems to have had changes
made to the Xcode project, which gives me hope that at one point,
around this time in the summer, one year ago someone was able to
successfully get it all to build :)

Would appreciate any pointers in the direction I should be heading and
where to get help.

Thanks again!