[Flac-dev] FLAC C API / Visual Studio 2008 FILE* Issue

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 02:55:44 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 09:49 +0200, Ivailo Karamanolev wrote:
> I thought about this, and the MSVCRT mismatch also. What annoys me is
> that I even tried compiling the library myself (with exactly the same
> Visual Studio 2008 as my application) and the bug didn't change the
> least. Thank you for your ideas, but unless someone can confirm this,
> there still remains the possibility that I've made an error somewhere.
> Also someone with more experience with native debuggers (I'm a kind
> of .NET man) may be able to detect where the error comes from more
> precisely.

Is there any possibility that there are two versions of the FILE *
structure in the run time library and that which one you get depends on
some compile time option like, for example, the length of file offsets
or the width of the character set used either for the filenames or in
the character-based functions.

If that is the case you'd need to explore whether either your code or
the FLAC library is forcing the use of a version other than the default
and that then means the two pieces of code are using different versions
of the structure?

When you copy the callbacks into your own code they obviously get
compiled with the same compile time options as the rest of your code.

Regards,
Steve.