[Flac-dev] Compiling static libFLAC.a still requires libogg.dylib

Glenn McCord glenn.mccord at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 20:09:08 PDT 2010

Thanks for the reply. I would very much like OGG container support, so
disabling it isn't really an option. I have built OGG so that it
creates a libogg.a, libogg.0.dylib and a symbolically linked
libogg.dylib (that links to the libogg.0.dylib) file.

If I remove the .dylib files in an attempt to 'encourage' the compiler
to use libogg.a, then it complains that it can't find the .dylib file.

When I do that, the error looks like

libtool: link: gcc -I/Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/include -O3
-funroll-loops -finline-functions -Wall -W -Winline -arch i386 -arch
i386 -o flac analyze.o decode.o encode.o foreign_metadata.o main.o
local_string_utils.o utils.o vorbiscomment.o
../../src/share/grabbag/.libs/libgrabbag.a
../../src/share/getopt/libgetopt.a
../../src/share/replaygain_analysis/.libs/libreplaygain_analysis.a
../../src/share/replaygain_synthesis/.libs/libreplaygain_synthesis.a
../../src/share/utf8/.libs/libutf8.a ../../src/libFLAC/.libs/libFLAC.a
-L/Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/lib
/Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/lib/libogg.dylib -liconv -lm
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1:
/Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/lib/libogg.dylib: No such file or directory

Could this be something to do with the way libtool has been set up?