[Flac-dev] General status of flac

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 18:51:24 PDT 2009

--- On Sun, 8/30/09, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'm preparing to start a major encoding project, about a TiB
> or so.  Flac is one of the components I plan on using.  As I've
> used it forever anyways and haven't seen a commit since January nor
> a release since 2007...
>
> Is there a general status of flac along with a roadmap
> available?

the format is pretty mature (almost 10 years) and stable.  there are
no format changes planned.  that's a good thing for a codec, not bad.

the tools in the release are also pretty mature.  if you want to see
what's queued up for the next release, see

http://flac.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/flac/flac/doc/html/changelog.html