[Flac-dev] FLAC support for Android?

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Mon Feb 23 17:06:43 PST 2009

Conrad: Ben's original email had a link embedded, but it was lost
when you quoted the plain text.

If this works, I will put the expanded link here:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1461

Brian

On Feb 23, 2009, at 17:01, Conrad Parker wrote:
2009/2/24 Ben McCann <ben at benmccann.com>:
> I was wondering if anyone here had thought about FLAC support on the
> Android.  It would be great for FLAC adoption.
> There's a bug open for it on which I've posted some details about
> how I
> think it would need to be implemented.  It appears to me that it
> would need
> to be added to the OpenCore component, which is written in C.

Yes, that's my understanding too. Although the official Android
application developer API is Java, the underlying implementation of
media codecs uses OpenCore, in C.

OpenCore includes an implementation of OpenMAX IL components for each
codec. A good start would be to make an OpenMAX IL component for FLAC,
using the code layout and OpenMAX helper functions present in
OpenCore.

Do you have a link to the bug?

Conrad.