[Flac-dev] Implementing a flac-decoder in VHDL

Boris Shingarov shingarov at ca.istop.com
Tue Jan 22 10:40:43 PST 2008

Hi Axel,

I think this subject has been discussed on this list about half a year
ago.  If you search the archives, you'll find the response from Josh, it
was basically that what you want is doable, if not easy.  I was
considering doing this very same thing myself, but my interest is purely
as a hobby, and presently I don't even have enough time to finish my
flac implementation on the CUDA GPGPU which I have been playing with for
a while.

Do you see any particular application of such a design?

Boris