[Flac-dev] Support .cda as input files

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Thu Sep 13 13:54:39 PDT 2007

What are you using for FLAC now, Daniel?  flac.exe?  Or (one of) the
Windows GUI apps?
I suppose you realize that flac.exe probably won't allow drag and
drop encoding.
Why don't you contact one of the authors of the PC Windows GUI apps
to suggest this feature?  That's the only place it will help the
basic users.

I believe that this list is focused on the low-level FLAC source code
- the stuff that's open source like the API and the command-line
utilities.
The easy-to-use programs are developed and maintained by others.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting

On 2007-09-13, Ivo wrote:
> Xiph provides you with cdparanoia to rip Audio CDs. There are other
> rippers around, too. Most can be configured to encode directly the
> extracted data as FLAC.

Yeah, I know about cdparanoia—which by the way does not work on my 64bit
system—and other ripping tools. I am only suggesting supporting .cda
as a
way to avoid ripping alltogether (from a user's perspective anyways).
--
Daniel Aleksandersen