[Flac-dev] xmms-flac security update breaks XMMS' flac-playing ability

Myke Carter mykec at mykec.net
Tue Nov 27 08:53:47 PST 2007

Josh Coalson wrote:
> that missing symbol appears only in libFLAC 1.2.1 or later, so it
> sounds like the version dependencies in xmms-flac were not set up
> to automatically pull in 1.2.1.  check the versions of the other
> flac packages on the machine (not sure what they're called in
> ubuntu but probably flac or libflac) and make sure they're up to
> 1.2.1

Thanks.  Your answer gives me hope. :)

Here is a screenshot of everything 'flac' on my system.
http://mykec.com/mykec/flac.png

As you can see they all seem to indicate version 1.1.2-5...

As for upgrading them to 1.2.1, I'm not sure of how to do that with this
Synaptic package management system where everything is provided
automatically by The Powers That Be.

Is there a way to do that without installing everything from source and
breaking away from the way this distro handles upgrades?

Myke

--
Myke Carter <mykec at mykec.net>
The Mykec Network <http://mykec.net>