[Flac-dev] xmms-flac security update breaks XMMS' flac-playing ability

Myke Carter mykec at mykec.net
Sun Nov 18 18:38:47 PST 2007

Hello,

First post to this group.  I've been searching for about a week now to
find anyone who can solve this problem or point me to the solution.

I've been a happy xmms-flac user for 4 years until this week when some
new FLAC security updates came along and completely stopped XMMS from
playing FLACs on my PC.  This is most irritating as I have over 3,500
CDs ripped and FLAC'd in my personal music library.

Whenever I run xmms via bash, this is what I see:

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libpixmap.so",
/usr/lib/xmms/Input/libxmms-flac.so: undefined symbol: safe_malloc_mul_2op_

What is the fix for this?

I use an Ubuntu variant called Linux Mint 2.2.

Thanks,
Myke

--
Myke Carter <mykec at mykec.net>