[Flac-dev] quick and easy way to convert id3-tagged flac to flac-tagged flac?

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Fri Jun 15 06:48:21 PDT 2007

I've been grabbing the following, which are just the Grip defaults.

note that i have my own workflow with grip as the frontend that
made sense when i was running three cdrom drives ripping on a 450MHz
celeron.  don't anyone have bad feelings toward grip for not
supporting flac tags, it may very well do so nowadays.

*** Tag information for 01-i_dont_even_try.flac
=== TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): I Don't Even Try
=== TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): John Hiatt
=== TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): Riding With The King
=== TYER (Year): 1983
=== COMM (Comments): ()[]: Created by Grip
=== TCON (Content type): (17)
=== TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 1
=== COMM (Comments): (ID3v1 Comment)[XXX]: Created by Grip

COMM optional  ;)

I don't even know what TCON is.   Probably the genre from FreeDB,
which is generally iffy but probably worth saving.  A friend of mine
always set his genre tags to "porn groove".  ;)

.NET should be fine; I'm not sure I have the runtime on my windows machine
at home but if not i can get it.  Don't spend a lot of effort on
this but if it's really just something quick I'd appreciate it.