[Flac-dev] FLAC: library for C#

Pyt py.thoulon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 12:39:41 PDT 2007

I tried that approach a while ago and failed miserably. Marshalling the
structs of structs in the flac lib turned out to be a nightmare (I don't
pretend to be an expert, mind you...).
I eventually switched to writing my own C# lib from scratch. Work is still
under progress. It's no rocket science, I do this a G-job. It has definite
limitations (no documentation, decodes only 16-bit files, no encode, *much*
slower than the flac reference implementation, but still reasonable for what
I do), but it can read and write metadata. It still needs a bit of polishing
(esp. the documentation to be usable), but I'd be willing to share it at
some point. Note that it's not open source for the time being, but that
could be considered.

Pyt.

PS: If anybody has a real pinvoke wrapper for the reference lib, I'd gladly
take it... !