[Flac-dev] Tests fail

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 11:19:38 PST 2006

--- Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-flac at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Its been a while since I last compiled FLAC from source, but I just
> grabbed flac-1.1.3-beta2.tar.gz compiled it and then ran "make check"
> which resulted in this:
>
>     ===================
>     3 of 7 tests failed
>     ===================
>
> Is this OK?

yes, this is expected on the beta, here's why: recently I switched
a lot of the tests to compare metaflac output against some golden
output instead of just printing results for visual inspection.
it tries to filter out stuff that differs between releases, but
the problem is the beta vendor string changes padding lengths in
subtle ways which are not easy to work around especially when
testing other things that affect the padding.

so instead of regenerating all the golden files for the beta,
I ran the tests with custom binary with expected vendor string
to make sure they passed.  for the release they will pass again.