[Flac-dev] better seeking
lichvarm at phoenix.inf.upol.cz
Tue Nov 7 10:13:25 PST 2006
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 08:43:37AM -0800, Josh Coalson wrote:
> > I see you have changed the channels and bps setting, this doesn't
> > work
> > when the decoder hasn't decoded a frame. There should be a fallback
> > for this case.
> ah, yes... this was a question I was going to ask you about
> the patch... I used the channels/bps from the latest frame
> to try and keep it working even for streams where they change
> in mid stream. even though I don't know of anything that does
> this, in the streaming case it could happen, and there might
> not be any STREAMINFO or it might be incorrect.
Hm, I didn't think of this.
> I was going to change it further down also when
> approx_bytes_per_frame is recalculated but couldn't tell if
> this would make the algorithm unstable (not converge).
It will converge with all possible values of channels/bps. Even when
channels = bps = 0 as there is always the offset +64. It will just
take more iterations.
> maybe it's best to not try and solve that case though.
Using values from the last decoded frame is probably the best
More information about the Flac-dev