[Flac-dev] better seeking

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 08:43:37 PST 2006

--- Miroslav Lichvar <lichvarm at phoenix.inf.upol.cz> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 08:50:44AM -0800, Josh Coalson wrote:
> > ok, tried it out... passes test/test_seeking.sh and my
> > "xmms twitch" test, checked in to CVS.  thanks!
>
> Thanks!
>
> I see you have changed the channels and bps setting, this doesn't
> work
> when the decoder hasn't decoded a frame. There should be a fallback
> for this case.

ah, yes... this was a question I was going to ask you about
the patch... I used the channels/bps from the latest frame
to try and keep it working even for streams where they change
in mid stream.  even though I don't know of anything that does
this, in the streaming case it could happen, and there might
not be any STREAMINFO or it might be incorrect.

I was going to change it further down also when
approx_bytes_per_frame is recalculated but couldn't tell if
this would make the algorithm unstable (not converge).

maybe it's best to not try and solve that case though.