[Flac-dev] Is CVS safe for daily use? Why can't I 'make install' to my home?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 16:56:16 PDT 2006

--- Avuton Olrich <avuton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need flac bug, which is already in cvs (1328191) fixed, so I was
> wondering first is cvs safe for everyday use? I can understand a
> crash, but corrupt files aren't common right? Also, when trying to
> 'make install' to prefix=/home/sbh I get:

I try to make sure CVS always builds for posix systems.  windows
fixes do not usually come until near the release.  CVS code should
not generate corrupt files or be non-lossless either but there is
always some risk.

>  /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
> 'libFLAC++.la' '/home/sbh//lib/libFLAC++.la'
> libtool: install: error: cannot install `libFLAC++.la' to a directory
> not ending in /usr/local/lib
>
> Is that correct? Thanks

that I've never seen before and looks like a libtool problem.
I've built an installed the latest to a local directory with no
problem (libtool-1.5.16)