[Flac-dev] Is CVS safe for daily use? Why can't I 'make install' to my home?

Avuton Olrich avuton at gmail.com
Tue May 30 03:04:54 PDT 2006

Hello,

I need flac bug, which is already in cvs (1328191) fixed, so I was
wondering first is cvs safe for everyday use? I can understand a
crash, but corrupt files aren't common right? Also, when trying to
'make install' to prefix=/home/sbh I get:

 /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
'libFLAC++.la' '/home/sbh//lib/libFLAC++.la'
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libFLAC++.la' to a directory
not ending in /usr/local/lib

Is that correct? Thanks
--
avuton