[Flac-dev] metaflac: New tags to replace crossfading in players.

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 21:10:29 PDT 2006

--- Tim Phipps <flac-dev at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> What should these tags look like? Should I have tags like:
>
> START_90dB=0.000s
> START_80dB=0.567s
> START_70dB=2.557s
> START_60dB=4.676s
> END_80db=200.678s
> END_90db=201.034s
>
> or something like:
>
> START_PROFILE="90=0.001,80=0.576,70=2.557,60=4.676"
> END_PROFILE="80=200.678,90=210.034"
>
> I don't know what the dB intervals should be or what the range should
> be. I'm
> guessing that anything less than 60db won't matter even though I
> typed in
> 90dB above. Any suggestions would be welcome and any help in coding
> and/or
> testing would be good.

2 general comments:

1. since right now in the api you can only search by exact field
name, the second format is probably better; it's also more flexible.

2. if you want these to be machine parseable it's better to use a
more specific/unique name than START_PROFILE to avoid conflicting
with someone/something else.