[Flac-dev] highres presets for 24bit/88, 2KHz- and 24/96KHz (dvd-a and sacd)

Andreas Weber weberan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 09:47:41 PDT 2006

Hello!

I already stated my question at

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=47227

, but I maybe this here is the better place:

Are there any optimized presets like "-0" or "-8" for music with
24bit/88,2KHz- and 24/96KHz-material in flac?

I realized, that wavpack scales far better in compression ratios (20% in
some examples) on high bitrates, but radically slows down on decoding as
well (>50% slower), which is critical for me.

Is it the complete different philosophy of these different codecs, which
justify such differences on high sample-rates/bit-depths or is there room
for optimization?

Kind regards
Andreas