[Flac-dev] xmms plugin bug report - macOS 10.3, darwinports

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:12:23 PDT 2005

Hi all -

I've just finished building flac in the "darwinports" environment
on MacOS 10.3.9.

The port maintainer (i've cc'd him) had disabled the xmms plugin build.

I wanted that, so I changed the portfile and built locally, yada yada.

I've run into three problems, only two of which I've seen reported
in the list archives here.

1) configure doesn't properly figure out that i have socklen_t defined,
and so http.c defines its own version.  Previously reported.

2) once I had a successful build, I get the following on console:

   rock/j_geils_band/showtime at st1100% xmms 01-jus_cant_stop_me.flac
   *** malloc[19338]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
   0x13a5aec; This could be a double free(), or free() called with
   the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
   MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

It looks like someone has reported this same bug under FreeBSD.  It hasn't
seemed to cause me any problems so far.

Now onto my actual useful bug report that i haven't seen before...

3) To get the xmms plugin shared library to build properly, i had to hack the
libtool-disable-static  script to get EGREP from the PATH.  There was a similar
hack for SED in the libtool file with a JEC comment.

Interestingly, egrep was used in the script as $EGREP - sed was wrapped in
braces ${SED}.  I don't know if that is significant but it looked odd.

danno
--
dan pritts
danno at umich.edu