[Flac-dev] Apple's Core Audio File container format

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-flac at mega-nerd.com
Tue Jul 12 14:36:15 PDT 2005

oliver oli wrote:

> my question is: if you put Flac in a CAF container, it's not playable
> with any FLAC compatible player.

No, but it will then be playable with any application that
uses libsndfile.

> btw, do you also want to put wavpack into the CAF container?

The guy responsible for wavpak emailed me about adding it to
libsndfile. I then did a bit of work to enable him to hook it
in pretty easily, but hes never got bac to me.

So, to answer your question, no I don't have any plans to put
wavpack into a CAF container.

Erik--