[Flac-dev] A couple of points about flac 1.1.1 on ppc/linux/altivec

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 21 03:10:48 PST 2005

Josh Coalson wrote:
> since I don't know how to resolve this, in current CVS I have
> checked in a system where there are src/libFLAC/ppc/as and
> src/libFLAC/ppc/gas selected by configure.  I have also checked
> in as many patches as I could make sense of (the cpu.c detection
> stuff and the configure.in stuff).  can you guys take a look at
> current CVS and help me get something that will build both ways?
> after that it will be much easier for me to start looking at
> correctness.
There is a problem: the AC_CHECK_PROGS() just tests existence and I'm
afraid both osx and linux/ppc have both as and gas executables.
running the configure as is will always turn on the "as" path.
--with-gas doesn't work to force it.
Probably a version check could help.

If you need access to a ppc linux box I could provide you an account on
the pegII box I have at home, it isn't alwasy reachable since I didn't
managed to set up a dyndns yet so you need to contact me (irc on freenode).

Regards

lu

--
Luca Barbato
Developer (Gentoo/linux)	/	Operational Manager (Gentoo/ppc)