[Flac-dev] FLAC 1.1.2-beta: attn package maintainers

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 17:46:27 PST 2005

The FLAC 1.1.2 release candidate is now available at

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/flac/flac-1.1.2-beta.tar.gz?download

Only the source tarball is available.  I am putting out the beta
first so that package maintainers and others can smoke test the
build/install/check process before the official one goes out,
since we've had problems before.  Everyone that can, please
download and try:

  ./configure ...
  make
  make check
  make install [optional]

(or build in MSVC on windows) and reply to this thread if there
are any problems.  Hopefully we can work them all out in advance
of the release.  Please do not distribute packages based on the
beta.

Once all goes well I'll put together the official release,
including binary releases.

The libtool numbers for all the libraries have been updated like
so:
   current++
   revision=0
   age=0

Depending on what kind of bugs are found, the libtool 'revision'
*may* increment for the official release (indicating source code
change) but no API changes will be made so 'current' and 'age'
will stay the same.

The changelog is here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/flac/flac/doc/html/changelog.html?rev=1.19

Thanks,