[Flac-dev] Finding start of audio data using metadata level 2 interface.

Dan Sully daniel at electricrain.com
Sun Sep 26 23:13:55 PDT 2004

* Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> shaped the electrons to say...

>not exactly.  the metadata interface won't tell you, but you
>can create a decoder (say file decoder), set it up, then call
>
>  FLAC__file_decoder_process_until_end_of_metadata(...)
>  FLAC__file_decoder_get_decode_position(...)
>
>and that will tell you.  the decode position is relative to
>the start of the file even if you have an id3v2 tag in front.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid doing that. This is meant for some fast (as
opposed to the current pure perl version) header parsing only code, not doing
a decoder in this piece as well.

It looks like FLAC__Metadata_Chain has a last_offset - but it's not exposed.
That should theoretically give me the position after the last metadata block?

-D
--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who
mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss