[Flac-dev] Finding start of audio data using metadata level 2 interface.

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 21:50:25 PDT 2004

--- Dan Sully <daniel at electricrain.com> wrote:

> I'm attempting to use the metadata level 2 interface to get at the
> various
> interesting bits, which is working fine. But I also need a relevant
> piece of
> data, the offset of where the metadata ends, and the audio blocks
> begin. I'm
> not finding a clear way to reach that number. Is this exposed
> anywhere?

not exactly.  the metadata interface won't tell you, but you
can create a decoder (say file decoder), set it up, then call

  FLAC__file_decoder_process_until_end_of_metadata(...)
  FLAC__file_decoder_get_decode_position(...)

and that will tell you.  the decode position is relative to
the start of the file even if you have an id3v2 tag in front.

native FLAC's metadata system is simple enough that you could
also write a custom metadata skipper pretty easily.  you just
have to parse the lengths out of each metadata header and
skip over the blocks.