[Flac-dev] Quicktime + FLAC?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Oct 1 22:22:11 PDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 01:21:03PM +0800, illiminable wrote:

> I had a look a few times for detailed info on quicktime, and it all looked
> pretty painful.

It didn't look that bad to me; just a lot of time figuring out how
you're supposed to do things. But then, I have some background in MacOS
programming.

However, people in the past have hit bugs pretty fast. That's part of
why I've not been inspired to try. Things may well be better now, so
please do give it a go.

> But it's certainly one of those things that has been on my really long
> like-to-do list. Since i primarily use iTunes (under windows) for audio, it
> would be nice to be able to put my various .ogg files in the same playlist
> as the rest of my music.

Have you tried the plugins at http://qtcomponents.sf.net/ ? They work
for me (with vorbis, I've not tried speex) with iTunes on MacOS X. The
'load everything into memory' hack is annoying, but better than nothing.

 -r