[Flac-dev] Altivec, automake

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 00:32:00 PDT 2004

good news, I finally got the asm compilation working with both
autotools and project builder.  it's all checked in.  Brady, can
you try it out too?  autogen.sh may need a little tweaking
depending on your environment.  here's what mine looks like (I
have some of the required libs in local places in the user acct
that I build flac in, and the rest I get from Fink installed in
/sw).

aclocal -I $HOME/local.autotools/share/aclocal -I /sw/share/aclocal
libtoolize --copy
autoconf
autoheader
automake --foreign --include-deps --add-missing --copy
vi ltmain.sh
./configure --with-ogg=$HOME/local.ogg --with-id3lib=$HOME/local.id3
make

in the "vi ltmain.sh" step I have to add a line "SED=sed" before
$SED is used because it doesn't get defined (some known libtool/
autoconf bug).

Josh

P.S. it passed the test suite too so it's going in FLAC 1.1.1