[Flac-dev] libtool "missing sed" bug

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 12:13:04 PDT 2004

I am putting the finishing touches on the next release.  I got
everything mostly working with the latest autotools, but I've
noticed that the generated libtool after configure does not
have $SED defined.  searching around it seems to be a common problem.
I thought as a simple workaround that I would just distribute a
libtool script that sets $SED to 'sed' (expecting it to be in the
path) if it's not defined.  is there a better workaround?