[Flac-dev] seeking problems

august august at alien.mur.at
Tue Feb 24 11:27:03 PST 2004

Hey guys,

I just joined the list.  I've been programming an external for PureData
<http://pure-data.sourceforge.net/> & <http://pure-data.org>, as well as
for Max/MSP....that reads multiple sound formats.

But, I've been having massive problems with getting reliable seeking with
FLAC.

sometimes when I call  	FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_seek_absolute, I get
a false returned for  	FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_process_single ..and
the error is of type  FLAC__SEEKABLE_STREAM_DECODER_STREAM_DECODER_ERROR

is there any way to recover from this?
I try to do a FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_flush or
FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_reset on the decoder and it can sometimes
continue, but after a while it will just run off in a seek loop, where the
decoder state is always FLAC__SEEKABLE_STREAM_DECODER_SEEKING.

as far as I can tell it happens at random points.  I can't tell for the
life of me what is causing it.  It works and sounds fine in
general....just that seeking is unreliable.

any help would be appreciated.  I can send the code along to look at.

best -august.