[Flac-dev] flac ogg quicktime iTunes

Dustin Byford dustin at firein.net
Fri May 9 14:56:08 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm going to start by asking something that has probably been asked
before (although I didn't see it on the lists at sourceforge).  Is
anyone working on getting iTunes to work with flac?

I'm bouncing around a few ideas and it seems like the logical approach
would be to write a quicktime component using this project as a base
http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net

I see a post from Matt Field to a qtcomponents list on 2003-03-14 that
says:
 > Who's working on FLAC support
 >
 > Anyone?
 >
 > I'm thinking of starting.  Anyone on this project using visual studio
on windows?  If not what?

 > Thanks,
 > Matt

I wonder if they are off to a good start?

This also brings up another question, at what point (if any) does the
integration between flac and ogg allow us to extend or generalize the
ogg qt component to deal with vorbis and flac content instead of
writing an independent flac qt component.

Thanks for any input.

			--Dustin