[Flac-dev] flac123 revival

Sander Roobol phy at wanadoo.nl
Thu Mar 13 09:00:01 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:35:04AM -0800, Josh Coalson wrote:
> As for flac123, it would actually be nice to revive that, and at
> the same time migrate the plugins there (to flac-tools I mean,
> kind of like the separate vorbis packages libvorbis and
> vorbis-tools).  It's all getting to be a little more that I can
> keep up with right now and most of the TODO items now are in the
> tools.

That would be fine with me too. Maybe we should go one step further, and
create a separate place for the plugins too, just like vorbis did: flac
(libs only), flac-tools (flac, metaflac, flac123, more?), flac-plugins
(xmms, winamp, etc).

Related to this, how's the migration of the CVS repository to Xiph.org
going? I guess it would be cool to put the flac-tools repository there
too... (same for the flac-plugins repostory, if it would be created)

Sander