[Flac-dev] CD Baby using FLAC to archive 40,000 CDs

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Jun 25 14:11:06 PDT 2003

As for the storage, I recommend something like AFS, that's distributed and
network-transparent.  AFS/Kerberos has a tendency to take
over the network for use as an authentication protocol, but it's both
possible to use AFS/Krb in a hetereogenous environment and a good idea to
switch to Krb5 :).

OpenAFS is quite a good product, I am finding.

A few general notes: Isn't cdparanoia more "correct" at audio extraction?
And can't you emulate the 'pregap'-etc. effect with a .cue (or similar)
plus the various .flac files?

-- Asheesh.

--
Q:	What's the difference between Bell Labs and the Boy Scouts of America?
A:	The Boy Scouts have adult supervision.