[Flac-dev] CD Baby using FLAC to archive 40,000 CDs

Steven Richman junk at shift9.com
Wed Jun 25 12:09:03 PDT 2003

> And then you won't lose the stuff in the pregap on live CDs, and it also
> makes the storage and naming easier to deal with.

Can you explain this to me? You don't actually lose the audio data, right,
just the structure of the CD (which can probably be captured with cue
files anyway)? I've ripped CDs with pregap audio before, and I'm pretty
sure it's not getting lost, but rather prepended to the rip of the
subsequent track.

Just wanna make sure...

,steven.