[Flac-dev] Distributed FLAC encoding

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jun 10 22:08:06 PDT 2003

Is there any software that acts like the 'flac' binary but actually does
the decoding on a remote host?

I'm interested in having at least one faster machine contribute, but
preferably more than one.  Since the application is ripping CDs, perhaps
different machines could take on different files?  It would be *amazing*
if different hosts could process different parts of the same file.

I understand there is some software for doing this kind of MP3 files and
Ogg Vorbis.  Is there an analog for FLAC files?

Thanks to all,

Asheesh.

--
(This is what Fortune gave me.  Does it mean my ex?)

You will be held hostage by a radical group.