[Flac-dev] flac-xmms problem

Ben Hines bhines at alumni.ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 31 01:42:03 PST 2003

I'm not a libtool/automake expert, but I think the problem with the
plugin build on OS X is that this is not correct:

libxmms_flac_la_LIBADD = \
	$(top_builddir)/src/plugin_common/libplugin_common.a \
	$(top_builddir)/src/share/grabbag/libgrabbag.a \
	$(top_builddir)/src/share/gain_analysis/libgain_analysis.a \
	$(top_builddir)/src/share/utf8/libutf8.a \

I think you need to make .la files for these, and point libtool at the
.la files instead of the .a files (it would be more portable as well).
According to my look at the libtool docs,  LIBADD is for libtool
libraries only. Alternatively you could probably add them to one of the
link flags with a (non-libtool) automake macro, if libtool would accept
that.

I think those would be called "convenience libraries", see:

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_92.html

-Ben