[Flac-dev] Re: Unified codec interface

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Jan 31 01:05:08 PST 2003

En réponse à Drew Hess <dhess at bothan.net>:

> That's what UCI is trying to do.  I'm hoping for just a simple unified
> Ogg interface for the audio codecs that Ogg supports.

Yes, that's exactly what is UCI aiming at. But not only for audio, but also
video and subtitles (can't think of other ones).

It is also supposed to be container independent (or container friendly) so it
should be working for AVI, OGG, matroska, Quicktime, RealMedia, etc.

Unfortunately, the progress is quite slow and would require more support to go
to a "critical vital size".