[Flac-dev] non-PIC code in shared libs again

Ben Hines bhines at alumni.ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 11 07:56:10 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 10:47  PM, Josh Coalson wrote:

> --- Matt Zimmerman <mdz at debian.org> wrote:
>
> good, very good.  it may take me a little bit to get to it
> since I'm starting a new job next week.
>
> Ben, can you inspect the patch and confirm that it covers
> what you also suggested?

The patch fixed the problem with your libs. However, when linking the
xmms plugin i still get:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lstdc++.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Which causes libtool to build a static library instead of the plugin.

If i remember right this is some sort of libtool bug. I'll ask someone..

-Ben