[Flac-dev] Re: FLAC 1.0.4 released

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Thu Oct 10 08:07:04 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:32:04PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I uploaded the source tarball and binary releases for win32 and
> > redhat 7.  Solaris package should be ready tomorrow.
>
> There seem to be various problems with the included configure script:
>
> (1)
> checking for shared library run path origin... /bin/sh: ./config.rpath:
> No such file or directory

I get this, too, but it is harmless, at least on Linux platforms (everything
builds and works).

> (2)
> --with-libiconv-prefix=/path apparently isn't used by the autoconf
> test which checks for iconv.

Not sure what's happening here; I use iconv in glibc.

> (3)
> checking for id3lib... yes
> checking for id3lib version... ./configure[9547]: .: conftest.id3: not
> found

conftest.id3 is produced by the following test program:

#include "confdefs.h"

#include <id3.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int
main ()
{
        FILE *output;
        output=fopen("conftest.id3","w");
        fprintf(output,"ID3LIB_MAJOR=%d\nID3LIB_MINOR=%d\nID3LIB_PATCH=%d\n",ID3
LIB_MAJOR_VERSION,ID3LIB_MINOR_VERSION,ID3LIB_PATCH_VERSION);
        fclose(output);
        exit(0);
}

Check config.log to see if it failed to build correctly.  I notice that it
would not fail if the file could not be created; is it possible that it was
unable to create it in your build directory for some reason?

--
 - mdz