[Flac-dev] FLAC for xine

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Oct 9 11:38:06 PDT 2002

Hi,
	I am an active contributor to the xine multimedia player project:
  http://xine.sf.net
I would like to add FLAC support to xine. I have almost finished a demuxer
plugin which will allow xine to take apart a FLAC file (nice format
document, BTW) and send packets of coded audio to an audio decoder plugin.

	I am having trouble with the audio decoder portion. Ideally, I
would like to take the relevant portions of code from libflac that are in
charge of decoding audio and create a decoder plugin for xine. Is there a
function in the FLAC codebase that will take a chunk of FLAC-compressed
data and output a buffer on decoded audio samples?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson