[Flac-dev] new checkins

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Mon May 6 23:29:05 PDT 2002

> FYI, I have checked in a few interesting things.  One is a
> speedup to the decoder (about 15% improvement in overall
> decode time).  Another is a new interface to FLAC file
> metadata.  If you're curious look at include/FLAC/metadata.h.
> It is basically a collection of object manipulation routines
> and iterators that make it pretty easy to add/edit/delete
> FLAC metadata in files efficiently.  The unit tests are not
> quite done yet so there are probably a few bugs to work out
> in the next few days.

Visual C++ 6 doesn't support variable size arrays on the stack and things
like

FLAC__byte buffer[FLAC__STREAM_METADATA_VORBIS_COMMENT_ENTRY_LENGTH_LEN /
8];

are variable size, because the length is extern const. Using _alloca,
however, works, for example

FLAC__byte*buffer=_alloca(entry_length_len);

Regards,

Ingo