[Flac-dev] flac-1.0.3_beta released

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 11:26:01 PDT 2002

--- Mike Wren <mikew at etree.org> wrote:
> Which plugins do you mean?   I thought I remember Winamp, for
instance,
> being able to do word-length reduction on the fly.  The only place I
> can find this feature is in the Monkey's Audio codec plugin, though.

The FLAC projects maintains the plugins for Winamp and XMMS.
I can only speak for those.  There are plugins by other
authors for dbPowerAmp, AlsaPlayer, DeliPlayer, Apollo,
and probably more, but I don't know if those plugins or
players support it.

Eventually I'll do more investigation into Winamp and XMMS
but when I initially did the plugins the documentation just
was not there.  I think a lot of these plugin writers get
their questions answered in the player forums, but I haven't
had time to do it.