[Flac-dev] flac-1.0.3_beta released

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 00:08:05 PDT 2002

I have just released a source distribution which is the
candidate for the 1.0.3 release.  At this time I would
ask anyone who is willing to help test it to do the
following:

1. download the tarball and unzip it:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/flac/flac-1.0.3_beta-src.tar.gz?download

2. do
	./configure && make && make check
   This will build all code and run all the tests.

3. if you feel particularly helpful :) you can redo #2 with
   different options to configure (appropriate to your setup)
   e.g. --enable-debug --enable-sse --enable-3dnow

The tests are quite exhaustive and will probably run a couple
hours, depending on your system.  If there are any problems,
please report them back to this list.  Also, package maintainers,
it would be nice if you also did the whole autoconf process from
scratch to see if there are any problems there.

If you're so inclined you can poke around and try out some of
the new stuff.  Most of it is related to the new metadata
interface and C++ API layer, but I have messed with the plugins
a little so there are probably things to find there.  The
winamp3 plugin probably still does not work for recent version
of wasabi.

Thanks,